Diagnosing a Charging Issue
The best way to determine what the cause of the charging issue is to go through the following routine troubleshooting steps.
- Leave the controller plugged in to charge for 1 - 2 hours without using it.
- Some USB cables may not be providing enough power to both charge and provide power to a controller while it is plugged in and being used. This can typically be resolved by using a different charging cable or USB port.
- Use a different USB cable to charge the controller.
- Depending on the age and condition of the cable you are using, it may not be providing enough power to charge the controller.
- Use a different USB port.
- Some USB ports may become damaged or are simply unable to provide the necessary power to charge a controller while it is in use, most typically this is an issue when playing on PC. Swapping to a different USB port, or charging the controller with a USB cable and wall socket attachment is the best way to resolve this issue.
If none of the steps above were able to resolve the charging issue, we suggest sending the controller in to us for an inspection and repair.
If you have any additional questions, you can submit a ticket to our Support staff here. Or you can chat with our Support staff during business hours (M - F, 10AM - 4PM CST) by opening our Chat messenger at the bottom right of your screen.